Crate Late Models
CRATE LATE MODEL
- GM 602 or 604
- FORD – D347SR
- 602 GM must be 2200 lb
- 604 GM, 2300 lb
- FORD – D347SR, 2300 lb
- NO Mopar Crate motors ALLOWED.
CORRECT WEIGHT must be posted on / above the driver’s side front window post!
Claiming the incorrect weight / motor combination will result in IMMIDIATE DISQUALIFICATION!!
All posted weights MUST be correct for the engine you have in your car! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
ENGINE SET BACK
- A maximum of 6” inch from center of top ball joint to the most forward spark plug hole (1” inch tolerance)
- All crate engines will have a maximum cranking pressure of 200 p.s.i. any engine that has over 200 p.s.i. will be illegal.
- 1. Cast or aluminum permitted.
- 2. No electric water pump.
- 1. Mechanical pump only
- 2. No electric pumps
- One four barrel carburetor only
- No dominators or predator carburetors allowed
- Engine must be naturally aspirated.
- May use one carburetor spacer and two (1 gasket between intake & spacer and 1 gasket between spacer & carburetor) standard one-piece paper gaskets (max 0.070” inch thick)
- 602 may use a 2” inch total thickness + .040 tolerance
- Ford & 604 may use a 1” inch total thickness + .040 tolerance
- No part of spacer may enter intake plenum
- Any Crate style header allowed / must run parallel to ground
- Any electronic or points ignition
- A. Any / all racing styles racks permitted (Appleton, Sweet, Etc.)
REAR END / REAR AXLE
- A. Any type of rear end / differential permitted
- B. Aluminum tubes are ok
- C. Wide 5 hubs allowed
- D. No independent rear suspension permitted
- All transmissions must be fully functional with both forward and reverse gears
- No direct drives
- All drive shafts must be a minimum of two inches (2”) in diameter.
- All drive shafts must be painted white.
- Only one drive shaft is permitted.
- All drive shafts must be protected with a secure drive shaft hoop or sling.
CHASSIS / FRAMES
- Both Rectangle and Square Tubed Frames are legal
- All frames must be of steel construction
Square Tube Frames
- The frame of all cars must be constructed of two inch (2”) by two-inch (2”) minimum rectangular or square tubing with a minimum of eight inch (8”) circumference and a minimum of eighty-three thousands inch (.083”) wall thickness.
Round Tube Frames
- The frame of all cars must be constructed of a minimum of one and three quarter inch (1¾”) round tubing and must have a wall thickness of eighty-three thousands inch (.083”) wall thickness minimum.
- No aluminum or titanium frames permitted in construction of car
- If rear bumper is stubbed, it may only extend a maximum of eight inches (8”) beyond frame. Any stubbed rear bumpers that extend eight inches (8”) or more beyond frame must be rounded and directed towards the front of the car.
- It is recommended that all cars be equipped with a tow hook or strap.
- All battery supports must be braced in two axis – two horizontal and one vertical.
- Minimum wheelbase span of 103” inch
- Same as Limited Late Model and Sportsman. (see drawing diagrams for specific details)
- Rear spoiler must be manufactured of material of adequate strength such as Sheet metal, Lexan, or Aluminum
- Maximum seventy-two inch (72”) width.
- Rear spoiler is not permitted to be suspended above the deck to create a “wing effect.”
- Rear spoiler must begin where quarter panels end. No extended decks permitted.
- Maximum of three (3) rear spoiler supports. Option of two (2) additional one inch (1”) aluminum braces.
- Spoiler supports cannot be mounted wider than the top of the quarter panel.
- Rear spoiler material must not exceed the maximum of twelve-inches (12”) in height (measured from deck to tip of material)
- Must have racing seat
- Must be mounted with grade 5 or better hardware
- Must have 4 or 5 point safety belts
A. A full metal fire wall must encompass the front, rear, sides, and floor of the driver
FUEL / FUEL CELL
- Fuel cell w/steel can and 2″ steel straps mounted in rear of car only
- Gas or E85 only! No alcohol, nitrous oxide, nitro methane, or any other nitrate additives
- Must be equipped with sufficient four (4) wheel braking system.
- On track three wheel braking is allowed
- Any type steel brakes allowed
- No titanium or carbon fiber brake rotors are permitted
WHEELS / TIRES
- Front tires open.
- All rear tires must punch / stick 52 AFTER THE RACE with the tracks durometer
- Any Front Tire Allowed
- No Chemical Treating of tires allowed
- Wheel width 14″ (inch) maximum
- 602 GM = 2200 lb
- 604 GM = 2300 lb
- FORD – D347SR = 2300 lb
- NO Mopar Crate motors ALLOWED
All cars are subject for inspection and P/G at any time by officials!!
A fee of $1500 dollars must be put forth by protester within 5 minutes of race ending. Protest fee must be given to the tech man or back gate official along with explanation of what is being protested. Car being protested will remove engine from car and track will take possession of said engine and will have a certified tech inspector (Nesmith or Ford) check engine for any violations. GM specs will be used on 602-604 engines. Ford specs will be used on Ford engines.
ONCE PROTEST MONEY IS RECEIVED; PROTEST CAN NOT BE CANCELLED!!
Refusal of protest will result in loss of race points and winnings.
NGS “General Rules” apply to all classes
Track reserves the right to delete, change, or amend rules in the interest of competition.