2013 North Georgia Crate Rules
RaceCeiver Required, No other radios or communication equipment or mirrors allowed at any time.
A. Engine setback will be 6” inches from center of top ball joint to the most forward spark plug on the jig-frame car and 8” inches from center of top ball joint to the most forward spark plug on the snout car. 1 inch tolerance on engine setback.
1. All frames must be of steel construction.
2. Square or rectangular frame must have a minimum of 2” by 2” material, .083-wall thickness.
3. If round tube frame, tubing must have a minimum of 1-3/4” outside diameter, .083 wall thickness.
A. Minimum wheelbase for jig and snout car will be 103” inches.
1. All cars must have a suitable steel roll cage protecting the driver’s compartment, including headrest.
2. Side roll bars are mandatory, and must extend into the door panels. A minimum of three (3) bars must be used on the left side.
3. Each bar must be at least 1- 1?2” in diameter, with a minimum material thickness of .083”.
4. Roll cages must be welded to frame.
1. Same as Super Late Model specs.(see Drawings)
2. Spoilers may have a maximum size of 12” height, by 72” width.
3. Note: Gurney Flaps or Curls are allowed along the upper edge of the spoiler, but their length will be included in all measurements, Spoilers will be measured according to total length of and width of material, in any shape.
4. RaceCeiver Required, No other radios or communication equipment or mirrors allowed at anytime.
1. All cars must have 3” inch seat belts with shoulder harness and must be attached to roll cage.
2. We strongly recommend that all cars have an approved fire extinguisher securely mounted, within easy reach of the driver. A 5 lb. Halon System is recommended.
3. All drivers must wear a complete fire suit.
4. Any driver using a HANS device or similar safety device will receive a 50 Lbs break.
1. Number must be at least 18” inches high and on both sides and top of car.
2. All cars must have a number.
APPROVED SEALED CRATE ENGINES:
Ford part number D347SR is approved for use in competition.
1. GM part number 88958602 is approved for use in competition.
2. GM part number 88958604 is approved for use in competition.
3. Other manufactures, sealed crate engines with the same or close to the same horse power rating such as Ford & Dodge may be allowed as soon as they are available and have been approved for competition.
4. GM Engines may be purchased at any GM dealer.
5. The sealed engines must remain intact and not be tampered with; any seals that have been removed or tampered with will make the engine illegal and not eligible for competition.
6. No changes are allowed to the engine (intake manifold, heads, valve covers, oil pan, harmonic balancer or any other part /or parts on/or in the engine.
7. No vacuum pumps.
8. All crate engines must remain stock as they came sealed from the factory. Crate Engines must not be altered, modified or changed from factory specs.
A. All crate engines will have a maximum cranking pressure of 200 p.s.i. any engine that has over 200 p.s.i. will be illegal.
1. Cast or aluminum permitted.
2. No electric water pump.
A. Mechanical pump only, No electric pump.
1. Any ignition with the exception of magnetos (No magnetos.)
2. There is a $400.00 claim rule on all ignition boxes.
(See Claim Rule Section for more info.)
1. One four-barrel carburetor only of any manufacture.
2. Engine must be naturally aspirated.
3. May use one carburetor spacer
(602 may use a 2 inch total thickness + .040 tolerance) (604 may use a 1 inch total thickness + .040 tolerance)
(No part of spacer may enter intake plenum) and two standard one-piece paper gaskets (maximum 0.070 inch thick), one gasket between intake to spacer and one gasket between spacer to carburetor.
A. All cars must have starter in working order.
1. Four-wheel disc brakes permitted.
2. No carbon fiber brake parts permitted.
FUEL CELL / FUEL:
1. An approved fuel cell (32 gallon maximum) must be securely mounted in the trunk area of the car, inside a .20 gauge metal box supported by a minimum of two 2” inch by 1/ 8” inch steel straps.
2. All fuel cells must be completely visible from rear of car.
3. Fuel cell must not be mounted lower than bottom of quick-change rear end.
4. Gas only. No Alcohol- No nitrous oxide, Nitro methane or other Nitrate additives. (E-85 IS ALLOWED AS FUEL)
5. No Propylene oxide.
1. Must have at least one forward and one reverse gear in working order.
2. Automatic transmission permitted. Must have torque converter or manual fluid by-pass valve system.
3. No straight drives or in and out boxes.
1. Any brand or type of wheel allowed must be mounted with lug nuts.
2. No knock-off or center lock wheels.
3. Maximum wheel width – 14” inches.
1. Hoosier 1600’s and 1350’s Crate 21 and crate 55
2. American Racerss 48’s and 56’s
3. Tires must have all numbers and name on the tire, No chemical altering, No grinding off of numbers or names, any tire that has been altered will be illegal.
On all 4 corners no longer open front.
One lb per lap burn off after feature ONLY.
Ford Crate Engine # D347SR- 2300lbs.
1. GM Crate Engine # 88958602 – 2200 lbs.
2. GM Crate Engine # 88958604 – 2300 lbs.
3. Track reserves the right to adjust weights in interest of competition should it deemnecessary.
4. Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1?2” or larger bolts and painted white or silver with car number clearly painted on them.
5. All cars must have specified weight posted on top right side of roof.
$1100.00 ~ Tech done by NeSmith Tech man
Any crate engine protested must be reassembled and resealed by one of the Authorized Repair/ Rebuild Centers.
$50.00 Engine Setback (1 inch tolerance)
Any item not listed in protest fees is considered a visual protest item and must be protested before race and not after.
Track reserves the right to delete, change, or amend rules in the interest of competition.